Healthy diet helps you to achieve and maintain healthy weight. It also helps you to avoid various health problems. Your diet plans effect largely on your energy levels and your sense of well-being.
Today, most of the people are attracted towards the western diet that is filled with lots of fat and bad cholesterol. This eating habit leads to several physical and mental disorders. The higher rate of depression, stress, anxiety and many other disorders are the main side-effects of bad eating habits. Here we have presented some simple tips to create a food that is healthy and good for your body and mind:
- Include colorful fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are considered as low calorie diets, but loaded with several vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Various expert dieticians recommended for the daily intake of fresh and colorful fruits and vegetables. You can add berries in your breakfast cereals and fruits in desserts. Try to stay away from the processed snack foods; you can take vegetables like snow peas, carrots, cherry tomatoes and so on, for snacks.
- Focus on healthy carbs: Eat the food which is loaded with healthy carbohydrates and fiber. Prefer whole grains to get long lasting energy. Whole grains are said as rich sources of antioxidants and phytochemicals, which help to protect you from the risks of cancer, diabetes and many other heart diseases. In addition to whole grains, you can also include beans, fruits and vegetables to get healthy carbohydrates. Healthy carb foods make you feel fuller for the long time as they take time for digestion. They also help to control blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Consume healthy fats as much as possible: Healthy fats play a significant role to nourish your heart, brain, cells, skin, hair and nails. The foods which are rich in omega-3 fats help to reduce various heart diseases and improve your skin. Include monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in your daily consumption. Plant oils like canola oil, peanut oil, olive oil, nuts, avocados and seeds have a good amount of monounsaturated fats. Polyunsaturated fats include omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are commonly found in fatty fish. Unheated sunflower, soybean, corn, walnuts, and flaxseed oils are the other good source of polyunsaturated fats.
- Reduce the consumption of sugar and salt: Excessive consumption of sugar causes energy spikes and increases the body weight. It also creates several other ailments like diabetes and depression. Generally, sugars are hidden in various foods like bread, canned soups, low-fat meals, ketchups and so on. Eating too much salt can cause high blood pressure and that increases the chances of heart stroke, kidney disease, erectile dysfunction and memory loss.
- Add protein and calcium rich food: Appropriate amount of protein is also essential to be energetic full day but too much protein can cause kidney disease. Calcium helps to build healthy bones and teeth. If you don’t take enough amount of calcium, your body will take the required amount of calcium from your bones and that lead to osteoporosis.
Experts recommended a balanced diet for the good health and according to their recommendation, a healthy diet plan will include:
- At least five cup servings of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Around 1200 mg of calcium.
- 8g to 1.5g of high quality protein per kilogram of your body weight.
- Not more than 16g of saturated fat.
- Sugar should be 24g or 6 teaspoon for women and 36g or 9 teaspoon for men.
- Salt can be consumed one teaspoon in a day.
These are common recommendations of the experts but you can also search for the best diet pills to get full nutrition. Before taking these diet pills, you should first confirm with the experienced dieticians. So, follow these diet recommendations of the experts and stay healthy for the lifetime.