Apple is a most loved fruit for the health conscious and fitness-seekers. People who firmly believe in the Health is Wealth concept, must add apple diet in their routine consumption. This delicious and crunchy fruit is packed with several rich phyto-nutrients. This fruit is blessed with certain antioxidants which play an important role in promoting the overall health and preventing the body with diseases.
Basic features of Apples
Generally, there is less calories in an Apple so it can be considered as a best fruit for everyone whether you are obese or skinny. This pear shaped fruit is available in various colors like red, green and yellow but internally it has off-white colored juicy and crispy pulp, flavor of mild sweetness and tart. There are hundreds of varieties available in the world and all are used for many different things like some are used as table fruits, some for cooking and some for snack.
Top Health secrets of Apples
- This amazing fruit is highly known for its remarkable list of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients including flavonoids and polyphenolics. As per various studies, this fruit is loaded with various essential components which promote optimal development, growth and wellness.
- Every 100 g of fruit slice provides around 50 calories. This lesser amount of calories in apple is cleared that, they contain no cholesterol and saturated fats. On the other hand, they are excellent source of the dietary fiber, which play an important role to prevent the absorption of bad cholesterol or dietary LDL. Fiber helps to bind the cancer causing chemicals and protects the colon mucous membrane.
- This fruit contains rich amount of beta carotene and Vitamin C, and therefore considered as a powerful antioxidant. The food rich in Vitamin-C helps to develop the resistance power of the body. Our body will become more resistant for the infectious diseases.
- Apples have good amount of B-complex vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin and pyridoxine. These vitamins help in the various functions of the human body and act as co-factors for enzymes in the metabolism.
- They also carry some amount of minerals like phosphorus, potassium and calcium. Potassium has an important role in the proper functioning of cell and body fluids. It also counters the bad influences of sodium and controls the blood pressure and heart rate.
Apples are filled with various vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phyto-nutrients. They contain around 80 to 90 percent water and lesser calories. If you are in the process of reducing weight, then this will be an ideal fruit for you but first know the exact Apple calories. You can further check on the internet or discuss with the expert dietician about your queries like how many calories in an apple or how much amount of calories you can consume in a day or anything else.
Apples are generally eaten raw. As per experts, you should eat this fruit as a whole including skin but don’t eat its seeds. Apples can be juiced as well and you can drink its filtered or unfiltered, (known as apple cider) juice. A very true and popular proverb, an apple in a day keeps doctor away so follow this proverb and live a healthy life.