Our immune system is a complex and highly developed network of cells, tissues and organs of the body. Its main function is to defend us against the germs and infections. The organs like tonsils, spleen, lymph nodes and bone marrow, release the white blood cells called as lymphocytes. These cells further classified as B and T cells, known as antigens that fight to the invaders. The ultimate mission of our immune system is to protect us from the foreign invaders. If you have weaker immune system, your body will suffer various disorders like allergy, asthma and many autoimmune diseases. When our immune system doesn’t work properly, it is called immune system disorders that may occur by birth or due to any disease. Most of its disorders occur due to the autoimmune attack.
The Immune system is a self wellness plan as it protects us from harmful bacteria, viruses, or any other foreign attacker. The most common immune system diseases include Asthma, Burkitt lymphoma, Ataxia telangiectasia, autoimmune polyglandular syndrome, Leukemia, Chronic Myeloid, Immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM, and many others. If you have a low immune system, your body will become more prone to various diseases so keep it healthy and stay away from various illness.
How to improve immune system?
Our diet is responsible for our health, means whatever we are eating directly impacts to our physical and mental health. So, keep your diet healthy, follow regular exercise and stay away from the stress to improve your immune system. Now let’s check out some basic ways to strengthen your immune system.
- Follow a healthy diet routine: Your diet must include fresh fruits and vegetables as they have sufficient amount of antioxidants that fights with the free radicals. Focus to drink more and more water. It helps to improve your immunity by flushing out the toxins and infections.
- Do regular exercise: Regular exercise helps to increase the number of white blood cells that play an important role in fighting infections.
- Stress Management: Stress is one of the bigger causes of mental illness. It encourages our body to respond bacteria and viruses so it is essential to manage your stress. You can follow various relaxation techniques like Yoga, meditation and so on to reduce stress.
- Have good sound sleep: Doctors advice to sleep 7 to 8 hours at night. Fatigue can decrease the immune functions. Insomnia causes stress which slow down body’s ability to fight various health issues.
- Maintain healthy weight: Changing your lifestyle helps to maintain healthy weight. This is a best way to enhance the function of our immune system. Obesity is a biggest cause of various health issues. You can manage your weight by following strict eating habits that include, eating fruits and vegetables, drinking plenty of water, avoiding junk or processed foods, and practicing regular exercise.
These are the most common but effective tips to enhance our immune functions. But you should strictly say no to cigarettes and alcohols. Their consumption increases the chances of lung infections and many other diseases. A very popular adage, Laughter is a best medicine, so be happy as much as possible to stay away from stress and many other health issues. If you still feel you need any supplements to improve the immune power, so consult with the health experts. They will suggest various immune system boosters or supplements, but I personally feel to avoid the consumption of any supplement or booster. You can do it by following these simple ways that I have discussed above. Improve your immune system and stay healthy.