Our diet affects our complete health; in fact whatever we are eating directly impacts our internal and external well-being. Obesity is one of the biggest challenges of today because it creates several other health risks. Extra weight or obesity is a big health issue in itself. Children and adults both are equally victims of this disease. Inactive lifestyle, bad eating habits and zero exercise are the major causes of overweight and many other ill ailments. Experts recommend, to keep an eye on how much calories you are consuming in a day and how much you are burning. So, it is essential to make a balance between the consumed calories and spent calories.
Now let’s illuminate various renowned diet plans given by expert dieticians to get healthy weight:
- PCOS Diet: A PCOS diet plays an important role in the process of weight loss and regulates insulin levels. Insulin is a significant hormone that transfers sugar from the blood into the muscles of the body. It allows the body to use the energy effectively. High insulin levels cause various disorders like increased hair growth, skin tags, high cholesterol, increased hunger, weight gain and many others. Green leafy vegetables, fruits, colored and white vegetables, and many other supplements are recommended under the PCOS diet. This is all about eating well, maintaining a healthy weight and staying active.
- Raw Food Diet: Raw food diet includes uncooked food which is considered as a healthful food. This type of food is prepared by soaking and sprouting, dehydrating, blending, fermenting, pickling and juicing. It has various health benefits like increases energy, reduces the risk of heart diseases, clears skin and weight loss. This type of diet contains some trans-fats and saturated fats. It has a good amount of vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, fiber and many other healthy antioxidants.
- GM Diet: GM diet is typically advised to the people who want to reduce the weight, introduced by the General Motors Corporation. It is a unique diet plan that can help to reduce around 10-17 lbs in one week. It not only reduces the weight but it also improves the mental state and attitude of the person. It cleanses and detoxifies your body. The most important thing under this dietary plan is to stay hydrated, so 8-10 glasses of water should be consumed in a day.
- High protein diet: This type of diet helps you to lose weight by making you to feel fuller for the long time. But, experts believe that high protein diet should not be followed for the long term because it may create several other health problems. Due to the restriction of carbohydrate intake, many nutritional deficiencies like inadequate fiber can cause headache, bad breath and constipation. So, if you want to follow the high protein diet, select the protein intake cautiously. You can select nuts, beans, lean beef, low fat dairy products and many others as high protein diet.
- Liquid Diet: Everyone wants to lose weight without doing much effort and this liquid diet will help you to achieve this. Liquid diets simply imply that you are getting required calories in the form of drinks. Sometimes these diets are limited with the juices or shakes that should be taken 3-4 times in a day. This will drastically cut calories but the results may not last long. If you go off the diet or change your eating habits, you may regain the weight. Generally, liquid diet gives you required amount of nutrients but you should consult with your doctor before following it.
These are the common dietary plans to reduce the weight and to keep the balance of your calorie intake. But it is always a good idea to get the guidance of an expert doctor before following any weight-loss diet. Always follow the diet that suits your health requirements. So, eat healthy and stay fit!